Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Painting, appliances, wood floors & basement





Bianco Antico granite with white maple cabinets painted in Snowbound by Sherwin Williams
The Dark paint is Cobble Brown, the light color is Latte, both from Sherwin Williams




Original hardwood floors were refinished, room is painted Monorail Silver by Sherwin Williams:



Spare bathroom in Meditative Blue by Sherwin Williams, Antico Dark granite, and an inexpensive Home Depot light fixture


Alex's room is painted Nomadic Desert by Sherwin Williams, a $50 chandelier I customized with fabric lampshades and cord cover















2 comments:

  1. I love, love, love your house! Thank you for posting it on HGTV. I am planning to redo my cabinets and floors and wondered if you would tell me what you think about your floors. I have three sons and a dog and I am hoping to find a hardwood floor that will withstand their rough treatment. Have your golden teak floors scratched/dented a lot since you installed them? Thanks for the advice. I love your house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I love the floors thus far, granted, we've only been in the house two weeks, but I haven't had to clean them yet, and we spill baby food on them a lot, but we immediately wipe it up. One of the things I like about the floors is that they are really Acacia wood, which is very hard. I was initially concerned about having darker flooring and everything showing, but I haven't noticed it yet, and I think part of that is the handscrapped look disguises imperfections, and looks like it is part of the beauty of it.

    We've had a lot of people over, and the first thing they ask is "what are these floors?" they are unique. We have refinished beautiful oak floors in other rooms, but I can already tell they are going to show the scratches a lot sooner than the golden teak. Good luck, remodeling is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete